- Anglo American
- black lung
- conveyor belt
- Mt Owen
- Newcrest Mining
- New South Wales
- Olympic Dam
- personal protective equipment
- pike river
- respiratory protection
- Rio Tinto
- safety culture
- Safe Work
- Weir Minerals
- Western Australia
- working at heights
- Hearing the warnings
Hummingbird Electronics’ warning system technology is helping to improve safety through customisable, verbal messages and visual cues for truck and heavy machine operators.
- Bushfires and respiratory protection
Bushfires are part of life in Australia. These fires can produce vast amounts of smoke, off-gases and ash and there is a need to consider the most appropriate ways of providing respiratory protection for those exposed to these contaminants.
- What impact protection do I need?
Australians suffer around 50,000 eye injuries every year even though many of them are wearing eye protection at the time of their injury.
- Blackwoods PPE fits like a glove
Blackwoods tells Safe To Work how its head-to-toe safety offer continues to deliver value to its customers.
- Playing it safe: Five steps to improve safety and profits with technology
Schneider Electric’s Peter Braun explains how safety and profits can receive a boost at the same time.
- How to prevent tyre fires as a hidden hazard on mining sites
Each year, mines across the country experience multiple stoppages in production due to ‘hot tyre’ events. Tragically these stoppages have led to personal injury and loss of life and are still a major safety risks associated with mine sites around the country – particularly in hot climate.
- Transforming the public perception of mining
What do Australians think of the mining industry in 2018? The Minerals Council of Australia finds out.
- RESPA® & Q-CABAIR™ Precleaner + Filtration + Pressurisation Technology for Enclosed Cabins & Enclosures
RESPA® and Q-CABAIR™ is the best technology for protection of both your Human and Equipment Assets against harmful airborne particulate and fibre.
- Educating mine workers on skin cancer
Skin Patrol helps remote mine workers with skin cancer prevention and education. Safe To Work explains.
- Immersive Technologies upgrades simulator range for machinery training
Simulators not only help workers operate mining machinery, but also give them the skills to stay safe. Safe To Work looks at a new simulator on the market.
- Gimme shelter: How MineARC is modernising refuge chambers
MineARC is building on its MineSAFE emergency refuge chambers with a host of Internet of Things-enabled integrations, including the GuardIAN remote monitoring system. Safe to Work explains.
- Slice: The only cutting and scraping tools with true safety blades
Lacerations are one of the most common workplace injuries. Slice cutting tools feature the only true safety blades: they’re finger-friendly.
- LTI and fatalities can be prevented at mine sites
Dropsafe Global Business Development Manager Gareth Warne tells Safe to Work that a dropped object doesn’t have to cause a dent to reputation, assets or individuals. Dropsafe global business development manager Gareth Warne is someone who is aware of the threats that come from above. “When you walk outside and look around there’s a huge … Continue reading LTI and fatalities can be prevented at mine sites
- A method for improving safety in the drilling sector
Boart Longyear’s Ben Redd explains how learning from mistakes, near misses and management interactions increases safety for drillers.
- TED reduces the risk factor to keep fitters safe
Nothing is more important than making sure workers return home safely every day. Nivek Industries’ TED machine is helping achieve this. Safe to Work explains.
- Keeping Roy Hill safe with effective tyre management
Safe To Work explains how Kal Tire has helped create a secure environment for tyre maintenance at the Roy Hill iron ore operation in the Pilbara. Ben Creagh writes.
- Bollé Safety launches new TRYON range of safety glasses
Bollé Safety has launched its new TRYON range of safety glasses.
- 3M: respirator fit testing
Checking that a respirator, with a tight fitting facepiece, provides an adequate seal to the wearer’s face has long been considered best practice as part of a general respiratory protection program. This tech update contains information on some methods of fit testing and some solutions from 3M to support a fit testing regime.
- Komatsu instils safety culture and mindset among employees
Komatsu Rutherford HSE manager Campbell Saunders tells Vanessa Zhou how the company motivates individual employees to strive for safety at its Rutherford underground repair facility.
- On guard with ESS
ESS has updated its EZI-GUARD safety system with a few tweaks over the past year. Jeremy Andeway tells Safe to Work about the upgrades.