- Anglo American
- Boart Longyear
- Bolle safety
- Kal Tire
- lung disease
- Prospect Awards
- Rio Tinto
- road safety
- Safe Work
- virtual reality
- What price, the health of underground metal mineworkers in WA?
There is a growing global momentum towards establishing more stringent diesel engine exhaust (DEE) monitoring standards in an attempt to minimise the risk of serious illnesses among underground miners in particular.
- Experiencing the expanses of mine sites here and now
A drive to overcome the barriers of entry to virtual reality technology has driven the formation of a strategic, intercontinental partnership that has created the HazID platform.
- Bollé Safety minimises workplace hazards with lens technology
Workplace safety should particularly focus on protection for the eyes, which are at a high risk at mine sites. Safe to Work speaks with Bollé Safety about the importance of using polarised lenses.
- Transforming every Australian into lifesavers
Surf Life Saving is Australia’s major water safety, drowning prevention and rescue organisation. As a movement, Surf Life Saving has been keeping Australia’s beaches safe for over 110 years.
- Early intervention: An on-site healthcare provider’s perspective
Early Intervention is something that onsite healthcare providers refer to quite often. However, the meaning behind these two simple words is often a point of contention when it comes to implementing a proactive injury prevention strategy in the workplace.
- The 2019 Prospect Awards finalists
Safe to Work is proud to announce the finalists for next month’s Australian Mining Prospect Awards in Brisbane.
- A preventative approach that ensures tyre safety
There is a way to reduce risk and prevent five-figure mining tyres from living a short and costly life – preventative maintenance repair. Vanessa Zhou visits TyreDoctor’s New South Wales repair facility to find out how the company facilitates this maintenance strategy.
- Footwear design improves worker safety
Product innovation has improved the safety of workers, particularly now products are designed to be more comfortable, easier to fit and more job specific.
- Machinery innovation aims to enhance underground environment
International equipment manufacturers and Australian companies alike are showing their commitment to changing the underground mining environment.
- Ctrack boosts drivers safety with latest technology
With the mining sector consistently working to improve safety in the industry, telematics can play a key role in reducing risk for drivers on site.
- Four things lithium miners should look for when selecting a tech partner
As the world creates modern renewable energy storage solutions, adopts more portable electronics and continues the conversion of fuelled vehicles to electric vehicles, the global demand for lithium-ion batteries will continue to surge.
- Sector leaders weigh in on mining prospects
Now in its sixteenth year, the Australian Mining Prospect Awards evening is considered the Oscars of the Australian mining industry.
- The importance of safe material and equipment storage
Materials need to be stored and organised safely on-site to minimise the risks of potentially life-threatening incidents. Storage racks and shelving can potentially store multiple tonnes of materials or equipment. Unsafe and uncertified storage could be significantly overloaded for its specifications, potentially placing operators and workers in the line-of-fire. Ensuring the use of certified and … Continue reading The importance of safe material and equipment storage
- Taking water back to the environment
CSIRO senior principal research scientist Grant Douglas has brought a double-edged sword to wastewater treatment – a critical part of every mining operation.
- Ink and the lurking malignant melanoma
The popularity of “ink” or tattoos has skyrocketed in modern society. The simple tattoo of the past has been replaced by a new found art form with whole body parts tattooed.
- Advantages and disadvantages of drug testing in the workplace
Workplace drug testing has its own set of advantages and disadvantages. Knowing these can help both employees and employers understand the importance of drug testing in the workplace.
- TBC introduces new dust suppression block
TBC Distribution is launching a new dust suppression solution set to revolutionise the mining industry.
- Technology: Is it now a way of mining?
Technology is embraced as a new way of mining as much as it is a new way of life. Safe to Work speaks with mining experts in Australia and Sweden to get a closer look on how it’s been integrated.
- Working with mental health: How businesses can help
Creating a workplace culture that understands and supports the mental health of workers can result in a happier, more productive workforce.
- Scania elevates truck through Safetech partnership
Scania and Safetech have joined forces to deliver a custom elevated work platform (EWP), designed to reach high places safely and efficiently.