- Anglo American
- Bolle safety
- first aid
- METS Ignited
- Prospect Awards
- Rio Tinto
- road safety
- Safe Work
- virtual reality
- Western Australia
- Transforming the public perception of mining
What do Australians think of the mining industry in 2018? The Minerals Council of Australia finds out.
- RESPA® & Q-CABAIR™ Precleaner + Filtration + Pressurisation Technology for Enclosed Cabins & Enclosures
RESPA® and Q-CABAIR™ is the best technology for protection of both your Human and Equipment Assets against harmful airborne particulate and fibre.
- Educating mine workers on skin cancer
Skin Patrol helps remote mine workers with skin cancer prevention and education. Safe To Work explains.
- Immersive Technologies upgrades simulator range for machinery training
Simulators not only help workers operate mining machinery, but also give them the skills to stay safe. Safe To Work looks at a new simulator on the market.
- Gimme shelter: How MineARC is modernising refuge chambers
MineARC is building on its MineSAFE emergency refuge chambers with a host of Internet of Things-enabled integrations, including the GuardIAN remote monitoring system. Safe to Work explains.
- Slice: The only cutting and scraping tools with true safety blades
Lacerations are one of the most common workplace injuries. Slice cutting tools feature the only true safety blades: they’re finger-friendly.
- LTI and fatalities can be prevented at mine sites
Dropsafe Global Business Development Manager Gareth Warne tells Safe to Work that a dropped object doesn’t have to cause a dent to reputation, assets or individuals. Dropsafe global business development manager Gareth Warne is someone who is aware of the threats that come from above. “When you walk outside and look around there’s a huge … Continue reading LTI and fatalities can be prevented at mine sites
- A method for improving safety in the drilling sector
Boart Longyear’s Ben Redd explains how learning from mistakes, near misses and management interactions increases safety for drillers.
- TED reduces the risk factor to keep fitters safe
Nothing is more important than making sure workers return home safely every day. Nivek Industries’ TED machine is helping achieve this. Safe to Work explains.
- Keeping Roy Hill safe with effective tyre management
Safe To Work explains how Kal Tire has helped create a secure environment for tyre maintenance at the Roy Hill iron ore operation in the Pilbara. Ben Creagh writes.
- Bollé Safety launches new TRYON range of safety glasses
Bollé Safety has launched its new TRYON range of safety glasses.
- 3M: respirator fit testing
Checking that a respirator, with a tight fitting facepiece, provides an adequate seal to the wearer’s face has long been considered best practice as part of a general respiratory protection program. This tech update contains information on some methods of fit testing and some solutions from 3M to support a fit testing regime.
- Komatsu instils safety culture and mindset among employees
Komatsu Rutherford HSE manager Campbell Saunders tells Vanessa Zhou how the company motivates individual employees to strive for safety at its Rutherford underground repair facility.
- On guard with ESS
ESS has updated its EZI-GUARD safety system with a few tweaks over the past year. Jeremy Andeway tells Safe to Work about the upgrades.
- Saving lives with emergency escape masks
Safe to Work talks to Safety and Defence Solutions owner Gila Davidson about Kimax, the latest design in chemical escape masks from Duram Mask.
- ESS talks the importance of conveyor safety
It pays for mine site staff to be safe around conveyors, a fact ESS Engineering knows too well. The company’s extensive conveyor safety training process is revealed.
- Playing it safe: Five steps to boost safety using technology
Traditionally, safety and profitability have seemed to be diametrically opposed for many manufacturing and production operations. Although no-one disputes the value of investing in safety, the primary objective for a manufacturing or production business is to drive profitability, and protecting the safety of the plant’s people, assets and environment has often been viewed as a … Continue reading Playing it safe: Five steps to boost safety using technology
- Immersive Technologies strengthens simulator line-up
Immersive Technologies is building on the success of the LX3 medium fidelity equipment simulator with its latest platform, the LX6.
- New products from Vega aim to make measurement more safe
Vega’s non-contact, continuous level measurement system Vegapuls 69 continues to prove its versatility in bulk solid measuring, being utilised for the purpose of rock crusher level control, a suitably high-risk operation. Placed at a distance above the crushing system, the Vegapuls 69 can accurately measure feeds to the rock crusher despite extreme noise and dust … Continue reading New products from Vega aim to make measurement more safe
- How Mastermyne introduced a safety mindset across the company
Mastermyne has taken a relentless approach to improving safety.