- air quality
- BSc Industrial
- driver fatigue
- dust suppression
- Fire Forensics
- fire suppression
- hand protection
- iso 23875
- lsm technologies
- mine rehabilitation
- mine safety
- New South Wales Resources Regulator
- Showa Group
- State of Play
- workforce management
- workplace safety
- Women in Industry finalists
The 2020 Women in Industry finalists have been announced, recognising the success of women in the resources industry and shining a light on these typically male dominated fields. The 2020 Women in Industry event has received a record number of nominations, with 27 per cent more than last year and a record number of businesses … Continue reading Women in Industry finalists
- A dust control solution that does more than its name
RainStorm Dust Control, which has a long track record of being on top of mine dust issues, is expanding into Queensland and New South Wales to assist the mining sector. Safe to Work speaks with RainStorm’s eastern states representative.
- Staff retention – the human cost
Regardless of what you’re mining, people are a business’ most precious asset. Nivek Industries is working to help businesses protect their most precious assets to keep fitters safer for longer, extend their careers and in turn, their bottom line.
- JESI, Fleet Complete begin journey as partners
As separate companies, JESI and Fleet Complete have both built a reputation for providing the mining industry with leading safety monitoring software. Safe to Work discusses their plans now that they are joining forces.
- Dual safety benefits of deploying thermal imaging cameras
Of the many benefits that thermal imaging cameras can bring to industrial workplaces, the technology has lately received increased interest from businesses looking to monitor higher-than-usual body temperatures to increase safety of their employees.
- COVID-19: New disinfectants for the ‘new normal’
Even before the advent of COVID-19, there were always products available for disinfecting of commercial, industrial and other premises.
- Webinar: Addressing unique challenges in the era of COVID-19
Industries have been affected by COVID-19 in many different ways. Shortages of personal protective equipment (PPE) have made it difficult to obtain supplies for not only healthcare workers, but also those who wear PPE for protection against other hazards.
- What protects the technology keeping mines safe?
Sandvik and Barminco have proved at IGO’s Nova mine that remote operations are a reality in the not too distant future, but how can cyber security be ensured?
- Ebbs and flows of mining commodities
Not all commodities stand to lose to the threats of climate change. McKinsey & Company reveals mining assets that are most at risk and ways to decarbonise operations.
- Australian company to help miners stay at work with iTWOsafe
There is no doubt the mining industry will have to adopt different practices to not only manage the current requirements of social distancing, but to also manage any future global pandemics.
- Australian partnership to deliver gold transparency
The Perth Mint and Security Matters are bringing the world’s first mine-to-product transparency solution to the gold industry during a period of global uncertainty.
- Slide Sledge breaks the clang of hammers
Slide Sledge’s frame hammer is challenging the continued use of sledgehammers due to its winning safety benefits for both the user and mine site.
- Maintain smart distancing in the workplace with iTWOsafe: Free webinar
Cloud A2K is hosting the first ever live demo of iTWOsafe tomorrow at 9 AM AEST (Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne).
- A2K Technologies leads the tech world in helping manufacturers maintain smart distancing
The manufacturing industry will need to adapt and implement different working practices to manage the current restrictions of social distancing.
- A2K Technologies leads the tech world in helping manage social distancing
There is no doubt that the construction industry will have to adopt different management practices to not only manage the current requirements of social spacing but in the future for further breakouts or spikes in COVID-19.
- Australian tradies choose customisable SP Tools kits for mining jobs
When professional tradesmen from Lange Fitting & Mechanical drive their 4×4 vehicles or trucks through the dusty roads leading to a mining or quarrying site, they carry at the back of their vehicle a metal box imprinted with these words: SP Professional Tools.
- Hummingbird Electronics cabin pressure monitors keep vehicle cabin air clear
Mining can be a dangerous profession, whether you’re operating above ground in open cut conditions or deep underground, it’s the smaller risks that can sometimes be the major health hazards.
- Nivek’s commitment to fitter’s safety
Following an unfortunate bout of injuries and fatalities, the mining industry is pushing for better safety and compliance, prompting many mines to rethink existing work practices and focus on making the right tools for the job available.
- MineARC’s GuardIAN Intelligence Network: Looking out for your personnel
Equipped with advanced safety features, MineARC’s Refuge Chambers have saved lives in mining emergencies around the world. Now, the company has taken mine safety innovation to the next level with the GuardIAN Intelligence Network.
- Managing an ageing workforce: Healthy transition to retirement
The median age of a worker in the mining industry is 40 years, so it’s important now to consider the specific needs of a workforce over 40.