- battery electric
- coal mine
- Coal mine safety
- COVID-19 safety
- Department of Mines Industry Regulation and Safety
- dump truck
- Flight safety foundation
- Fortescue Metals Group
- haul truck
- Haul Trucks
- heat management
- heat stress
- heat stroke
- Iron Ore
- mental health
- mineral resources
- Mt Isa
- New Zealand
- NSW Resources Regulator
- Port Hedland
- Queensland Government
- Remote operations
- Resources Regulator
- Rio Tinto
- Safe Work Australia
- Western Australia
- Resolute begins wireless blasting at Syama gold mine
Resolute Mining has commissioned wireless blasting at the Syama gold mine in Mali to improve site safety.
- Bis claims Trifecta and EDGE3 an AI winner
Resource logistics company Bis has introduced a new artificial intelligence (AI) system that it developed to improve driver safety. Believed to be an industry first, the system, named Trifecta, has been developed with EDGE3 Technologies and provides real-time monitoring of driver behaviour and fatigue through an on-board real-time AI system. The system collects, analyses and … Continue reading Bis claims Trifecta and EDGE3 an AI winner
- Fire Forensics brings truth from the ashes
Fire Forensics applies the most astute investigative skills to help companies get to the bottom of a mysterious fire or explosion.
- OZ Minerals joins Epiroc to deliver electric mining project
Epiroc has spearheaded a new project that encourages safety, electrification and automation of mining operations.
- Iron ore leaders drive global electrification initiative
BHP, Rio Tinto and Vale have partnered with Austmine to deliver an electrification challenge for mining vehicles to push industry safety and sustainability.
- SafeWork SA prompts drivers to watch their step
SafeWork SA has found that 18 individuals suffered serious injuries as a result of falls from vehicles in 2020, with the government body suggesting that further training is needed.
- New QLD PTSD laws a saving Grace
The Queensland Government has introduced changes to the state’s workers compensation laws to improve the support and compensation of first responders suffering post-traumatic disorder (PTSD).
- WA mine safety defies study trend
A study Edith Cowan University (ECU) from has revealed that Western Australia’s mining industry has improved its safety outcomes as it has expanded.
- Rio Tinto refines tailings strategy
Rio Tinto has updated its tailings facility management to promote the safer practices associated with the Global Industry Standard for Tailings Management (GISTM).
- NSW Regulator rolls out collision awareness campaign
The NSW Resources Regulator has introduced an awareness campaign for mine workers to be aware of the risks associated with heavy mining equipment collisions.
- Women in STEM presence increases
The Australian Government’s 2021 STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) equity monitor shows that the number of women in STEM roles has increased by 4 per cent since 2016.
- Caterpillar introduces South Walker Creek automation
The Next Generation Cat MD6310 drill has joined the fleet of Coldwell Drilling Co at the South Walker Creek coal mine in Queensland’s Isaac region.
- Glencore stacks Mangoola accolades
Glencore has reached 10 years without a lost time injury (LTI) at the Mangoola thermal coal handling and preparation plant (CHPP) in New South Wales.
- Evolution selects K2fly for tailings, rehabilitation solutions
Evolution Mining has signed a three-year contract with K2fly to deliver a tailings solution at Lake Cowal in New South Wales, near the Cowal gold mine.
- Anglo American drives up sustainability integration
Anglo American chief executive Mark Cutifani is confident the company is introducing technology and data analytics as part of its FutureSmart Mining program that make mining practices more sustainable.
- NSW Regulator encourages braking safety standards
The NSW Resources Regulator has emphasised the importance of safety critical system inspections after a 20-tonne tracked support vehicle rolled into a creek due to a failed braking system.
- Does your respirator protect your lungs?
Being exposed to dust is part of everyday life in mining – one needs to know how to protect their health if they don’t want to suffer from miners lung disease, emphysema, difficulty in breathing or cancer after years of work.
- NSW probes rise in serious injuries
The New South Wales mining sector has experienced a steady increase in serious injuries, mostly at underground mines.
- Grosvenor workers return ahead of longwall restart
Anglo American has permitted a team of its workers to re-enter the Grosvenor mine in Queensland to conduct safety and compliance inspections underground while restoring power and gas monitoring.
- Prominent Hill sustainability to grow through electrification
OZ Minerals has signed an agreement with Safescape to trial a Bortana electric underground light vehicle at the Prominent Hill copper-gold mine in South Australia.