- Anglo American
- Artificial Intelligence
- Fortescue Metals Group
- lung disease
- METS Ignited
- Prospect Awards
- Queensland safety
- return to work
- Rio Tinto
- Roy Hill
- safety reset
- Safe Work Australia
- virtual reality
- Western Australia
- Resources industry leaders prioritise wellbeing in the workplace
Wellbeing has been rated as the most important priority by the global energy and resources (E&R) industry in the latest Deloitte Human Capital Trends report.
- New products from Vega aim to make measurement more safe
Vega’s non-contact, continuous level measurement system Vegapuls 69 continues to prove its versatility in bulk solid measuring, being utilised for the purpose of rock crusher level control, a suitably high-risk operation. Placed at a distance above the crushing system, the Vegapuls 69 can accurately measure feeds to the rock crusher despite extreme noise and dust … Continue reading New products from Vega aim to make measurement more safe
- Workplace injury to reduce with advancing automation
Robots and automation will make work safer and reduce workplace injury in Australia over the next 20 years, as revealed in a joint study by Safe Work Australia and CSIRO’s data innovation group Data61.
- OHS rules have gone ‘too far’: survey
More than half (53 per cent) of mining workers believe that OHS rules are “over the top”, a recent Mining People Polling and Media Centre survey shows.
- Mining safety showing global improvement
The amount of mining fatalities among 28 of the world’s 40 largest miners which disclosed their safety statistics has reduced by 37 per cent.
- Nearly half of managers may underreport hand injuries, says safety report
A recent safety report has identified critical trends in safety practices with regards to hand protection in Australia and New Zealand.
- Immersive Technologies forms QLD safety collaboration with Simtars
Immersive Technologies has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Simtars to jointly develop training and workforce development solutions for the Queensland resources sector and international markets.
- Intelligent motor control delivers information and safety for mine explosives supplier
The Australian explosives manufacturing industry has earned an enviable reputation as a global leader in the manufacture of explosives, as well as providing the required infrastructure and equipment for the explosives industry both within Australia and around the world.
- How Mastermyne introduced a safety mindset across the company
Mastermyne has taken a relentless approach to improving safety.
- Surge in permanent roles signals mining recovery
Most regions across Australia have experienced an increase in permanent mining roles on jobs portal SEEK, suggesting renewed confidence in the sector following a five-year mining downturn.
- Resolute to fully automate underground gold mine with Sandvik system
Resolute Mining and Sandvik have established a strategic framework to fully automate the Syama underground gold mine in Mali, West Africa.
- FIFO workers’ health and wellbeing under spotlight in Pilbara
Mental health and wellbeing of men living in remote Western Australian mining communities are being placed at the forefront in the Pilbara during Men’s Health Week (June 11-17).
- Minimising hazards and improving employee safety in the workplace
Working with electric cables or dangerous areas presents the potential risk of fires, explosion or electrocution as well as the simple issue of tripping over.
- Orica execs to get bonus cuts due to safety incidents
Malcolm Broomhead, chairman of explosives company Orica, explained at the company’s annual general meeting that several executives would receive bonus cuts in light of two work fatalities during the 2017 financial year.
- YUMARR has a finger on the pulse
YUMARR is a technology front-runner in the development of automation systems for the mining industry.
- Head nut system innovation to improve worker safety
A new system for changing out head nuts on gyratory crushers promises to improve speed and safety in mining operations.
- Introducing Goal Zero on-site safety training to save time and spotlight preventable accidents
Global high-pressure hydraulics leader Enerpac is introducing to Australasia new on-site safety training designed to optimise the uptime and performance of widely used tools while spotlighting workplace hazards and preventable accidents.
- Pike River survivor keeps safety at the centre of mining
The Queensland Mining Industry Health and Safety Conference explores a range of best practice techniques and ideas to enhance safety in the mining sector.
- Roy Hill unveils technology to ensure safety at iron ore operations
Iron ore company Roy Hill has introduced the first dynamic, multiple Geofence package that has been interfaced to fixed and mobile asset elements within the boundaries of the coarse ore stockpile.
- Newcrest delivers safety improvements
Newcrest Mining’s annual financial review (AFR) for 2017 has been released, and highlights some significant environmental regulation improvements over the previous year’s figures.