- battery electric
- coal mine
- Coal mine safety
- COVID-19 safety
- Department of Mines Industry Regulation and Safety
- dump truck
- Flight safety foundation
- Fortescue Metals Group
- haul truck
- Haul Trucks
- heat management
- heat stress
- heat stroke
- Iron Ore
- mental health
- mineral resources
- Mt Isa
- New Zealand
- NSW Resources Regulator
- Port Hedland
- Queensland Government
- Remote operations
- Resources Regulator
- Rio Tinto
- Safe Work Australia
- Western Australia
- Fortescue gives a Lifeline to FIFO workers
Fortescue will help ensure WA FIFO workers continue to have access to critical mental health support under a partnership with Lifeline WA.
- Mining workers urged not to get silly this season
The NSW Government has released a safety bulletin urging workers in the mining industry to be extra vigilant over the festive season.
- RSHQ urges caution with pick and carry cranes
The RSHQ has made a number of safety recommendations following several concerning incidents involving pick and carry cranes.
- Program to address workplace sexual harassment
The Western Australian Government has established a new program to address workplace sexual harassment and assault in the mining industry.
- Remote operations a focus for AROSE and Perenti
AROSE is bringing the mining industry together with the Australian space sector, with Perenti the latest company to join the consortium.
- Tougher penalties for illegal protestors: QRC
QRC chief executive Ian Macfarlane believes not enough is being done to protect resources employees and companies from anti-mining activists.
- Epiroc autonomy reduces major hazard exposure at Cadia
Newcrest and Epiroc have collaborated in converting Panel Cave 1 at Cadia East gold mine into a semi-autonomous integrated production level.
- New app making onsite safety more accessible
A former FIFO worker has launched a safety app that will enhance employee experience, maximise site and company productivity and compliance.
- MCA provides toolkit to eliminate workplace sexual harassment
The MCA has released its Respect@Work industry toolkit to help educate and eliminate workplace sexual harassment in the mining industry.
- Research looks at mental health in resources industry
AMMA has conducted an Australian-first mental health research project covering the mining, and oil & gas sectors of the resources industry.
- Perenti, Sandvik to improve pedestrian welfare underground
A partnership between Perenti Global’s Barminco and Sandvik’s Newtrax will focus on improving the safety of pedestrians underground.
- Mass a-peel: safety guards in style
It might be commonplace for maintenance staff to make their own safety guards in a workshop on-site, but CBC’s Steve Hittmann is putting this solution on notice.
- GeoMoby technology allows greater underground communication
A West Australian geolocation intelligence company has developed world-first technology that allows surface-to-underground communication through smart devices.
- Hillgrove to trial Komatsu MC51 at Kanmantoo
Hillgrove Resources will trial a revolutionary disruptive mining technology from Komatsu when it reopens its Kanmantoo copper and gold mine in the Adelaide Hills in 2022.
- RSHQ issues risk reminder after Curragh incident
Resources Safety and Health Queensland (RSHQ) has made a number of safety recommendations following an incident at the Curragh Mine Complex in Queensland.
- BHP Olympic Dam responsible production win with Copper Mark
BHP’s Olympic Dam mine has become the first Australian site to be awarded the Copper Mark, an accreditation that assesses 32 critical areas.
- WA vaccine mandate to have small impact on workforce
The COVID-19 vaccine mandate for the resources industry has now come into effect in Western Australia, ensuring workers are kept safe.
- Successful battery test has potential for mine sites
Australian Vanadium subsidiary, VSUN Energy, has undertaken a successful test of an electric vehicle battery charge using renewable energy.
- Dragline investigation ongoing as Curragh restarts
Coronado Global Resources has halted dragline operations at its Curragh mine complex following an incident with a coal mine worker, but will begin restarting other areas of the mine as investigations continue.
- Safer gold analysis on the cards at Ravenswood
Ravenswood Gold will focus on safer gold analysis with the installation of a purpose-built PhotonAssay facility.