- automated machinery
- Bolle safety
- Daniel Grundy
- dendra systems
- dust suppression
- eye safety
- global road technology
- lung disease
- mine safety
- Mining report
- National Dust Disease Taskforce
- pi system
- protective eyewear
- protective gloves
- protective wear
- Showa Group
- silica dust
- Global Road Technology focusses on dust suppression to reduce air pollution
World-leading engineering firm Global Road Technology (GRT) is working closely with the mining and agricultural sectors to reduce air pollution by prioritising dust suppression.
- Case study: Underground mining dust suppression
GRT has served a globally renowned mining & resource organisation that owns large scale, underground & open-cut mines in central Queensland.
- Stopping dust pollution high on the agenda, airborne lung disease awareness grows
Legislative changes and community pressure across Australia are combining to place airborne dust pollution and dust-related lung disease firmly on the national agenda over the next 12 months.
- Report urges industry to take lead in digital mining
A new report from I4 Mining has outlined a suitable pathway to zero-harm, zero-carbon and zero-waste for the mining industry using health and safety metrics as well as automated machinery.
- Komet: the cost-effective eye safety solution
Komet is a unisex addition to the Bollé Safety polarised collection, offering customers a more cost-effective eye-safety solution, without compromising on quality or effectiveness.
- Survey: Environmental technology in sustainability
This survey seeks to gain a better understanding of how industry currently uses technology to monitor and carry out environmental rehabilitation and restoration efforts, including land rehabilitation, species protection and carbon sequestration.
- Fire Forensics finds battery at fault for powerful fire
A premises where a family of four plus a niece resided came under investigation by Fire Forensics after a powerful fire arose one evening.
- Reduce occupational exposure in operator enclosures
The Sy-Klone RESPA fresh and recirculated cab air quality systems, RadialSHIELD high-efficiency HEPA filters, and the RESPA Advisor+ Monitor, combined with a well-sealed cab, provide the engineering controls needed to prepare a cab to meet ISO 23875 performance requirements.
- Fire Forensics tackle the myths behind car fires
This scene was a perfect example of someone starting a fire within their vehicle and not understanding the science behind what they had done, and what would ultimately unfold.
- Combine and conquer with Showa DURAcoil series
Showa has responded to the medium-low cut risk glove market challenges with a first-in-its- history consolidated series of seven cut C/A3 gloves.
- Cut through the confusion with Showa protective gear
SHOWA has recognised and responded to updates in international standards for protective gear, backed by 70 years of unrivalled protection and innovation.
- DURACoil Series – seven affordable models with cut level C1
Showa Group’s DURACoil Series of gloves delivers safety and comfort for the harshest applications.
- The digital mine: A four-step approach to predictive maintenance 4.0
The path to interoperability — the pinnacle of the smart mine — is paved with real-time operational data and analytics.
- Technology tools can change mining’s health and safety record
In this report, OSIsoft surveyed and reported back on health and safety in mining today. They wanted to know to what extent an audience from the mining sector felt the environment they work in could be improved and how far along are they to thinking about the next steps.