- Anglo American
- coal mine
- dust suppression
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Iron Ore
- lung disease
- mental health
- Minerals Council of Australia
- mine safety
- NSW Resources Regulator
- personal protective equipment
- Queensland Government
- Rio Tinto
- Western Australia
- Fire Forensics investigate marijuana grow house fire
Illegal wiring installed for a house set up to grow marijuana caught fire. The Origin The house was privately tenanted, with no inspections completed over the duration of the tenancy. Attempts were made, with the tenants never being ‘home’ during the inspection attempts. Neighbours reported that they had not seen the tenants for weeks at … Continue reading Fire Forensics investigate marijuana grow house fire
- SHOWA Eco Best Technology: Waste not, want not
The nitrile glove market in the USA is expected to reach US$370 million by 2023.
- Keeping operators safe from invisible risks
Even in pressurised spaces, operators and workers at mine sites may still be vulnerable to respirable dust and the health risks of prolonged exposure.
- Fire Forensics solves the puzzle of fire in Mozambique
Fire Forensics was initially asked to investigate a single excavator fire, but on arrival its investigator was presented with two additional fires. The reason for hiring an Australian company to investigate a fire in Africa was that three separate investigations into a previous excavator fire had failed to come to a conclusion about cause. The … Continue reading Fire Forensics solves the puzzle of fire in Mozambique
- Cut through the confusion
Showa has recognised and responded to updates in international standards for protective gear, backed by 70 years of unrivalled protection and innovation.
- Reduce occupational exposure in operator enclosures: ISO 23875 performance requirements
ISO 23875, published in February 2021, is the first and only international operator enclosure air quality standard.
- Hand protection in the mining industry
Showa is the global leader in hand solutions for the mining industry and is the only company with complete control over the design and manufacture of its protective gloves.
- Mine site rehabilitation
When you combine scientific research, highest quality materials and the latest application technology, astonishing results can be made.
- Showa Eco Best Technology delivers sustainable gloves
As global awareness of waste increases, so too has the demand for more sustainable products and innovations in waste management.
- Are you able to hear clearly wearing earmuffs?
Not being able to hear clearly while wearing earmuffs is a problem in the mining industry that can have safety repercussions.
- Why is lock out tag out necessary?
Lock out tag out (LOTO) procedures including isolation are required to minimise the risk of uncontrolled movement of equipment or release of energy that could lead to an incident involving actual or potential personal injury, environmental impact or asset damage.
- Custom made earplugs for quality rest
Sleeping well is not only vital to staying healthy, but can have a huge impact on one’s work life.
- Custom made hearing protection for industry
We can all agree that hearing protection is essential in loud industry environments. There are plenty of ready-fit options available, like regular earmuffs and foam plugs. But there are better options, like custom hearing protection.
- XLR powered engine air intake precleaner and pre-filtration
Endeavouring to provide clean air to engines has been a historical challenge for decades. Introduction of precleaner technology attached to engine air intake filtration systems has further enhanced engine protection and filter service life.
- RESPA and QCABAIR technology for enclosed cabins
Statistics and reports have revealed that respirable disease and other debilitating health effects are on the rise due to workplace exposure to airborne particulate and fibre.
- Hearing loss: A commonly reported injury in the mining industry
Protecting workers from hearing damage is critical and finding the right hearing protection products, often a custom-made solution, can be an integral solution in providing optimal hearing protection for workers that need it.
- CoolVest turns heatstroke from fatal to treatable condition
With the right equipment heatstroke is an immediately treatable condition. However, heatstroke can have disastrous long-term consequences on health if left untreated.
- Fleet safety and maintenance tracking management/telemetry system
Changes in workplace health and safety regulations, guidelines, standards have seen heightened chain of responsibility (COR) obligations with increased enforcement of penalties.
- Technology tools can change mining’s health and safety record
OSIsoft has released survey results relating to health and safety in mining. The company sought to understand to what extent members of the mining sector felt their workplace could be improved and how far along they were in thinking about the next steps.
- Wake up to driver fatigue monitoring
Operators, regulators, authorities – be it in relation to on-road or off-road vehicles – have acknowledged the inherent risks of driver fatigue.