- Anglo American
- dust suppression
- Fortescue Metals Group
- Iron Ore
- lung disease
- mental health
- Minerals Council of Australia
- mine safety
- NSW Resources Regulator
- personal protective equipment
- Queensland Government
- Rio Tinto
- Western Australia
- Slide Sledge makes jobs safer, faster, easier
Slide Sledge provides the safest hammers on the planet. The team is dedicated to increasing safety while decreasing hazards in the workplace associated with traditional sledgehammers and slap-hammers.
- The investor mining and tailings safety initiative: What’s next?
In 2019, the industry witnessed the devastating failure of Brazil’s Brumadinho’s tailing dam which took 250 people’s lives.
- What if you customise your eyewear in your brand colours?
Bollé Safety continues to innovate by offering the unique co-branding service. Thanks to this program and our commitment to push our limits to satisfy your needs, you benefit from an innovative service and manufacturing quality beyond any reproach.
- Conveyor performance: How to optimise belt tracking systems and prevent downtime
Conveying systems are an essential component to any operation that requires the transportation of bulk materials.
- Australia is poised for a new era of mining growth
In the wake of the mining downturn, the industry has recovered to re-affirm its place as a major driver of the Australian economy.
- Managing risk: The architecture of safety at Kal Tire
A global leader in the field of mining tyres, Kal Tire delivers customised solutions that ensure maximum productivity and safety from mining tyres.
- XLR® POWERED Engine Air Intake Precleaner & Pre-Filtration Technology
World’s first and only XLR® (Extra Low Restriction) Engine Air In- take Powered Precleaner and Pre- Filtration Technology!
- Injuries in the workplace from hazardous substances: Minimising risks and impact
In Australia, burns are the sixth leading cause of workplace injury, with roughly 2,500 claims made per year. A new whitepaper from emergency eye wash and shower manufacturer Enware Australia details some of the hazards that mining and manufacturing employees face in the workplace, and how the threat of such hazards can be minimised.
- Conveyor safety: Prevent injury and increase productivity
ESS’s new whitepaper discusses the benefits of the ESS onsite training to help ensure conveyor belts are maintained and workers stay safe.
- Breathing easy in the workplace: Enclosed cabins of mobile and fixed plant
Respiratory disease cause by airborne particulates and exposure to carcinogenic dust is still an issue at mine sites but there are ways to reduce such hazards to ensure OH&S compliance.
- How Wood Group improved the safety of its welding operations
Wood Group PSN saved $1 million in contracting fees, nearly 150 working hours, and delivered improved safety outcomes for one of Australia’s largest gas conditioning plants, thanks to its new Induction Heating system and training and support from Welding Industries of Australia (WIA).
- Life insurance for miners
Everyone’s life is precious and unique, including miners. Life is full of uncertainties and while none of us wish for accidents to happen, they can still occur to anyone of us.
- Breathe Safe recommends ‘EN15695’ as the minimum standard for mine and quarry sites
When installing an engineering control system to isolate workers at mineral processing sites the guide to follow is EN15695 Euro Zone standard for machinery working with hazardous airborne substances.