A premises where a family of four plus a niece resided came under investigation by Fire Forensics after a powerful fire arose one evening.
All family members were home and asleep when their niece came home from work and parked her vehicle in the garage.
The family was alerted to their home being engulfed by fire by passers-by less than an hour after the niece had returned home.
Upon investigation, the fire patterns showed the fire originated in the garage, and the directional heat patterns indicated the area of origin to be the niece’s vehicle.
The cause of the fire was determined to be a faulty battery in the niece’s vehicle.
Download the white paper below to find out more.