- antibiotic resistance
- Australian National University
- Compressed Air Australia
- Deepwater Horizon
- elevating work platforms
- hand hygiene
- Hand Hygiene Day
- heart device
- job security
- labour hire
- lead exposure
- mental health
- NSW Health
- online privacy
- power saws
- product recall
- Victorian Small Business Commissioner
- World Health Organisation
- Wearlon plastics for automation applications
Wearlon thermoplastics replacements are being engineered by Cut To Size Plastics for machine building, process automation, drive and conveyor equipment, construction equipment, mineral processing and offshore technology.
- Safety devices for buildings, vehicles and pedestrian access
PE safety beams and light curtains are used to prevent gates from closing on vehicles and pedestrians, whilst loop detectors perform the same functions but only detect vehicles.
- Flexi Narrow Aisle Articulated Forklift
Flexi Narrow Aisle Forklifts have been designed to combine the features of a reach truck with those of a standard counterbalance truck.
- HDPE tool holders for elevated work areas
Cut To Size Plastics have released new high-density polyethylene (HDPE) tool holders to safeguard against injury in cherry pickers, elevated work platforms, and enclosed workplaces.
- Omni Stop provides pedestrian protection
The Omni Stop Bollard is an energy absorbing bollard that is the only one of its type in Australia.
- Vending solution helps control inventory
3M Vending Solutions offer customers a method to dispense essential products on site, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Workwear for miners
Bisley’s workwear design team has addressed the needs of the Australian miner and incorporated specific requirements accordingly.
- Contain spills and leaks
Spill containment pallets from Spill Station are a cost effective and flexible method of ensuring that spills and leaks are contained.
- Intrinsically safe infrared thermometer
Fluke’s 568 Ex Intrinsically Safe Infrared Thermometer is the only IR thermometer to carry certifications from all major safety evaluation agencies.
- Water wall fights fires
The Aussie Water Wall creates a 300m2, 12–15m high wall of water jets from just one hose. The effect of such a concentrated impact can be used to isolate a dangerous situation.
- Fleet module for managing driver fatigue
Securatrak has developed an add-‐on for its Go6
tracking device to help companies manage driver
fatigue among their fleets.
- Boots suitable for high risk environments
Launching the Response Range, Steel Blue has created boots designed specifically to meet the requirements of those working in policing, emergency services, correctional services and security.
- Protective cover for exposed power plug pins
Plug Mate is an inexpensive, plastic protective cover designed to plug into the end of power lead plugs.
- Elastic sided boot added to All Terrain 55 range
The Oliver AT 55-222 is an Elastic Sided Boot with a TECtuff rubberised toe bumper to safeguard against premature wear caused by scuffing.
- 3M launches head and face protection range
The 3M Headgear G500 provides a versatile solution for wearers who require face and hearing protection.
- Glove offers extended wear life
HyFlex 11-840 glove has a more durable and longer lasting coating, plus a new generation liner that copies the shape of the hand.
- Long range safety light grid
The Reer Admiral safety light grid has been designed for the protection of workers exposed to risks arising from the use of dangerous machines specifically for outdoor applications.
- Disposable respirators keep underground coal miners safe
UNDERGROUND coal miners are exposed to hazards like coal dust, diesel particulate matter, mists and fumes, but many protection solutions are heavy and trap heat.
- Ergo Control Programmable Work Positioner for heavy loads
The Ergonomic Benefit of the many models of these shop floor work positioners are that they directly help eliminate employee strain and injury by creating a safer work environment.
- Wireless safety communications system
SPECTRALINK has announced Spectralink SAFE for Wi-Fi, a staff safety solution for its wireless handsets.