- Anglo American
- coal mine
- Coal Mining
- Dyno Nobel
- electric vehicle
- electric vehicles
- Grosvenor coal mine
- Iron Ore
- mine safety
- mining safety
- New South Wales Resources Regulator
- NSW Resources Regulator
- Resources Regulator
- Safety report
- SafeWork NSW
- underground mining
- University of Queensland
- Western Australia
- Hand protection in the mining industry
Showa is the global leader in hand solutions for the mining industry and is the only company with complete control over the design and manufacture of its protective gloves.
- Mine site rehabilitation
When you combine scientific research, highest quality materials and the latest application technology, astonishing results can be made.
- Showa Eco Best Technology delivers sustainable gloves
As global awareness of waste increases, so too has the demand for more sustainable products and innovations in waste management.
- Are you able to hear clearly wearing earmuffs?
Not being able to hear clearly while wearing earmuffs is a problem in the mining industry that can have safety repercussions.
- Why is lock out tag out necessary?
Lock out tag out (LOTO) procedures including isolation are required to minimise the risk of uncontrolled movement of equipment or release of energy that could lead to an incident involving actual or potential personal injury, environmental impact or asset damage.
- Custom made earplugs for quality rest
Sleeping well is not only vital to staying healthy, but can have a huge impact on one’s work life.
- Custom made hearing protection for industry
We can all agree that hearing protection is essential in loud industry environments. There are plenty of ready-fit options available, like regular earmuffs and foam plugs. But there are better options, like custom hearing protection.
- XLR powered engine air intake precleaner and pre-filtration
Endeavouring to provide clean air to engines has been a historical challenge for decades. Introduction of precleaner technology attached to engine air intake filtration systems has further enhanced engine protection and filter service life.
- RESPA and QCABAIR technology for enclosed cabins
Statistics and reports have revealed that respirable disease and other debilitating health effects are on the rise due to workplace exposure to airborne particulate and fibre.
- Hearing loss: A commonly reported injury in the mining industry
Protecting workers from hearing damage is critical and finding the right hearing protection products, often a custom-made solution, can be an integral solution in providing optimal hearing protection for workers that need it.
- CoolVest turns heatstroke from fatal to treatable condition
With the right equipment heatstroke is an immediately treatable condition. However, heatstroke can have disastrous long-term consequences on health if left untreated.
- Fleet safety and maintenance tracking management/telemetry system
Changes in workplace health and safety regulations, guidelines, standards have seen heightened chain of responsibility (COR) obligations with increased enforcement of penalties.
- Technology tools can change mining’s health and safety record
OSIsoft has released survey results relating to health and safety in mining. The company sought to understand to what extent members of the mining sector felt their workplace could be improved and how far along they were in thinking about the next steps.
- Wake up to driver fatigue monitoring
Operators, regulators, authorities – be it in relation to on-road or off-road vehicles – have acknowledged the inherent risks of driver fatigue.
- Consider different eye protection options for the workplace
Many Australians work in industries that carry a high risk of eye injury. The two main causes of eye injuries are lack of eye protection or insufficient eye protection.
- Fifty-seven of the worst tailings disasters over the last 20 years
Learn about the dangers and risks associated with tailings when not properly monitored and managed.
- Global mining technology group secures advanced remote worker management
Sandvik Rock Tools has streamlined their employee safety monitoring process by using JESI remote worker management software. Employees must undertake long and solitary travel in order to complete their work. Thanks to JESI’s non-invasive user interface and comprehensive dashboard, Sandvik Rock Tools is ensuring worker safety and regulatory standards compliance.
- Breathing easy in enclosed cabins
Re-occurrence of pneumoconiosis or respiratory disease is not only common in the coal mining industry.
- Ten ways to encourage employee buy-in with new technology
JESI and Fleet Complete explore the challenges of introducing new technologies into businesses and the implications of those challenges on employee buy-in.
- The 2020 welding fume and respiratory protection survey
Even with everything that is now known about the dangers of welding fume, only 20 per cent of Australian and New Zealand welders answered ‘yes’ when they were asked if they felt protected from it at work.