- Aggregates company improves air quality for global miner
Global mining company reduces occupational exposure with implementation of ISO 23875 cabin air quality standard.
- Case study: Tunnelling operations dust control
Cross River Rail is Queensland’s largest public transport project, delivering four new underground stations and upgrades to eight above-ground stations.
- Hunter Valley tailings storage facility dust suppression
Dust suppression maintenance for a tailings storage facility in the Hunter Valley occurred in December 2021.
- OnGuard real-time air quality monitoring and control
When it comes to providing a safe working environment, BreatheSafe believes zero exposure to dust is the only way to ensure zero harm.
- Case study: Haul road dust control
Learn how issues associated with a dusty haul road were solved to help make the client more environmentally and economically sustainable.
- The importance of education in fire mitigation
To limit the losses of a mine-site fire, plant operators should know how to respond when an inferno hits. A fire suppression system is not the only consideration.
- Why is lock out tag out necessary?
Lock out tag out (LOTO) procedures including isolation are required to minimise the risk of uncontrolled movement of equipment or release of energy that could lead to an incident involving actual or potential personal injury, environmental impact or asset damage. Whenever there is construction, maintenance, demolition, remediation and other similar work that are typical to … Continue reading Why is lock out tag out necessary?
- Webinar: Unlocking efficient and productive growth in mining, at pace
Join Austmine and Salesforce for an exclusive conversation about digital transformation with Craig Walker, former chief information officer of Shell.
- Fire Forensics investigate marijuana grow house fire
Illegal wiring installed for a house set up to grow marijuana caught fire. The Origin The house was privately tenanted, with no inspections completed over the duration of the tenancy. Attempts were made, with the tenants never being ‘home’ during the inspection attempts. Neighbours reported that they had not seen the tenants for weeks at … Continue reading Fire Forensics investigate marijuana grow house fire
- Leadership matters in a high-risk workplace
This webinar, hosted by industry expert Kim Nguyen, will provide the tools and strategies needed to be an authentic leader.
- SHOWA Eco Best Technology: Waste not, want not
The nitrile glove market in the USA is expected to reach US$370 million by 2023.
- Keeping operators safe from invisible risks
Even in pressurised spaces, operators and workers at mine sites may still be vulnerable to respirable dust and the health risks of prolonged exposure.
- New 3M Speedglas Generation 5 welding helmet launch
Since releasing the first auto-darkening welding helmet in 1981, Speedglas has emerged as the leading brand in welders’ PPE: setting the industry benchmark in vision, comfort, safety, and performance.
- Fire Forensics solves the puzzle of fire in Mozambique
Fire Forensics was initially asked to investigate a single excavator fire, but on arrival its investigator was presented with two additional fires. The reason for hiring an Australian company to investigate a fire in Africa was that three separate investigations into a previous excavator fire had failed to come to a conclusion about cause. The … Continue reading Fire Forensics solves the puzzle of fire in Mozambique
- Cut through the confusion
Showa has recognised and responded to updates in international standards for protective gear, backed by 70 years of unrivalled protection and innovation.
- Reduce occupational exposure in operator enclosures: ISO 23875 performance requirements
ISO 23875, published in February 2021, is the first and only international operator enclosure air quality standard.
- Hand protection in the mining industry
Showa is the global leader in hand solutions for the mining industry and is the only company with complete control over the design and manufacture of its protective gloves.
- Mine site rehabilitation
When you combine scientific research, highest quality materials and the latest application technology, astonishing results can be made.
- Showa Eco Best Technology delivers sustainable gloves
As global awareness of waste increases, so too has the demand for more sustainable products and innovations in waste management.
- Are you able to hear clearly wearing earmuffs?
Not being able to hear clearly while wearing earmuffs is a problem in the mining industry that can have safety repercussions.